Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bring on the GOOD times!

Brett has had a great schedule lately. We have been able to do some fun stuff together as a family, and we even got to spend half the day together doing what I love-racing. I am so thankful for the good times. I tell myself I really have to cherish and relish these times. I think having had Brett be gone alot has really make us so happy when we get to have him around. He always makes things so much better and fun.


Brett and I did the Bulldog bike race,which was a 27 mile bike race at Camp Pendleton, yesterday. It was both of ours first time racing in a road bike race (We did a century ride together last year, but that wasn't a race). Anyways, it turn out to be a great race/date for both of us. Brett started and finished before me. He did really well considering he doesn't have alot of time to ride. He took 10th in his age group. I was hoping to do good, but a little unsure of how things would go. I ended up having a great race. I finish with the lead pack. I was 6 seconds behind the first place girl finisher. I ended up taking 8th overall and 1st in my age group. I am so happy my cute friend watched the kids while Brett and I raced. It was nice to do something together, get our exercise in, and have time to just hang out and talk without our kids. Vicky for sure had the harder job then me. She had her three kids and my three, and Brayden lost his binky and he was a sad little boy. I am so thankful for good friends:)














My little "princess" Aubrey turned three today. She wanted to have and Ariel princess party with the family. She started opening presents a few days ago, and it seem like every few hour today she would open another present. I am not sure if it was her that couldn't wait to open the present or if it was Brynn. I thought I would have Brynn help me wrap Aubrey's presents so she wouldn't be so jealous of her. Well, I am not sure my idea really worked. Brynn was still trying to open her presents. She just can't understand why Aubrey's birthday has to be 11 days before hers. Anyways, I think Aubrey had a great birthday. She LOVES baby dolls now, so naturally she got MORE babies and baby things. Brett and I were joking that we need another room for all their babies and stuff. ( I think they have more baby furniture and things then Brayden does). She also got her first bike. We're are hoping that soon she will like to ride it. Anyways, I love Aubrey so much. She adds so much fun, spunk, and spice to our lives.


Brett again had an unscheduled day off on Friday, so after Brynn got out of school we went to the zoo. I love this picture of them walking together. The girls love there daddy, and they especially love it because there daddy always makes them feel so special and loved. (He is good at showing ALL his girls love:) It was a beautiful cool day, so it was a great day for the zoo. We don't ever stay too long, so it is a good thing we can go whenever we want.









































On Thursday Brett had an unscheduled day off. We decided to go for a family bike ride around the harbor. It took us a little longer to ride as a family then when I am riding by myself :), but Brynn did so good. We rode to a park and had a picnic. It was a park on the harbor beach. The girls had to get there feet in the water, and Aubrey especially liked it because it was the harbor, which mean no big waves.


































About a week ago the girls decided that there babies need to go with us to the park, so we loaded all our babies (my baby being the cutest one, Brayden) and walked to the park and had a picnic. The other picture is of Brynn and Aubrey putting my dying roses to good use. They were playing the "he loves me, he loves me not" game. It was so cute to watch.

10 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OHHH so much fun! Those days off are priceless!! We've also had the best February! Congrats on the bike race-so fun! I love all the pictures!

Rebekah's Mom said...

Congratulations on your win! You're so great... and inspiring. I signed up for a race May 10. Wanna come do it with me?-I miss you!

hughes family said...

kami YOU ROCK!!! i already told you how proud i am of you, but i wanted to say it again! good job on the race! You are SUCH an inspiration to SO many people, including me! i love the pics of the kids, especially the one of th "3" babies going to the park. poor brayden :) pretty soon HE'LL be in the princess dress pushing his dolly in a stroller--sorry brett, but it will happen! ha ha!
love, meg

the landreths said...

Kami--i love your posts! THey always have tons of great pictures. Congrats on doing so well in your race! How fun you guys could do that together. Looks like you've been able to have him home a lot lately. Yeah!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Peck Family said...

Kami you and Brett look so so cute.

m e l said...

Love the pictures - and congrats on the bike race!! That is awesome. What kind of bike do you have?? I am going bike shopping on saturday and am just wondering what people like.

Growinguptogether said...

Love the pictures. Your post are so fun to read, which helps today since I'm stuck at home with sick kids. It's so cool that you won!!! What an inspiration you are to us other moms. Your kids are adorable. Take care, Vicky

The Mathews Family said...

COngrats Kami! I've been meaning to check this for days to see how it went for you. I was thinking of you! I actually ended up being at my moms which was good cuz James was at C4. So glad you had fun and got to do that with Brett!

JonesFamily said...

Kami you rock! You are going start making some money winning races!!!

Rusty and Tara said...

Kami,
You go girl! Congrats on the race! And Happy Birthday to our sweet little Aubrey. I can't believe she's three!
You guys do so many fun things--how do you manage? We go crazy just getting to the grocery store, let alone anywhere else!