Tuesday, July 15, 2008

GIRLS WEEKEND AT THE BEACH



SUN TANNING
BOOGIEBOARDING
I was blessed to have a great group of friends while we were in medical school.These are a few of them. We all got together at some cottage on the beach up past Oceanside. It was so nice and relaxing. We boggieboarded, laid out, talked, went shopping and to dinner, talked, went running, biking, lots of eating, and just loving spending time with one another. We all had to celebrate that we had made it through internship. I have to say thanks to Brett for making it possible. He stayed here with the kids. They had so much fun. They went to Chucky Cheese, donuts for breakfast, swimming two times, Wendy's, Mcdonalds, Baja Fresh, the dollar store, and the park. So the bottom line is I should do these more often.:)
BRYNN STARTS TENNIS

Brynn is such a cute tennis player. She is not sure if she really likes it, but onces she is there she does a great job. My friend is the coach. Thanks Vicky for taking the time to coach her. :)
MOVIE AT THE BEACH



A few of my friends and their families got together for family night to do a movie on the beach. We had a little picnic and then when it got dark, they projected the movie onto the wall of the Navy Lodge. It was fun being on the beach watching the movie"Enchanted".
BRAYDEN STARTS SWIMMING LESSONS

Brayden and I started a little mom and tot swimming class. He was quite a trooper. He really likes the water, so it is pretty fun.
OUR GREAT FOURTH OF JULY
Getting crowned by a "princess"

face painting at the carnival


Parades and clowns



INDEPENDENCE DAY 15 K IN CORONADO
We had a great fourth of July. It started early with a 15k. I have never raced this distances before, but I loved it. I ran with Brett's new Garmin, so I ran pretty close to the pace I set. I ended up taking 8th overall, and third in my age group. Around here you never know who your competition is, so I googled the first three females, and they were all pro's. It is great racing here, because the competition is always at it's best. We then went to a parade. It was great for about the first hour, then we decided to leave to beat traffic. Then later in the day we went to a little carnival with a band.(Our ward meets there every year for the fireworks). The kids loved the rides and big jumpers. Then we went and had a picnic and listen and danced to the band. (The girls had a pageant girl give them a crown, and they were in heaven). We then ended with a wonderful fireworks show. Now that we are in the military the fourth takes on a new meaning. I am so proud of Brett that he is serving his country and I am especially proud of my brother who is in Iraq. I am so thankful we have the freedoms we do.

8 comments:

the landreths said...

Wow--i just love your posts, Kami. Always so much going on in your life! Fun weekend with the girls! It's fun to see pics of you guys together. And congrats again on another great race!

These Are The Days said...

Kami,

How's it going? You'll have to stop by my blog and leave me a message so I know you got this! You look great and I'm so motivated by all your races. Your weekend in Coronado sounded fun...I love that place! Your kids are adorable. Talk to you soon. Jessica (Pierson) Washburn
www.kimballandjessica.blogspot.com

Stephanie Johnson said...

Kami you are like superwoman. How do you have time to exercise take your kids to swimlessons, tennis etc have girls night out and do all your racing and all the other million things you do I always feel like such a slacker after I check your blog you are just like the energizer bunny.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun on the "girls weekend"-so fun to see! I loved seeing all those cute little babies-sounds like things are going well-busy, but good right!?

Tami said...

I love all your cute pictures. THat is so great that you have such awesome friends. It really makes a difference when you live away from home. Look's like you guys are having so much fun!

Rebekah's Mom said...

I agree with your brother...you are the energizer bunny! I love the way "qualify" taking 3rd in your age group... they were all pros. As if 3rd is bad!!! You are one competetive woman! Maybe next time we get together we should play cards or something and find out if you are just as competetive that way:) I'm glad you had fun with your girl's weekend.

Adam Jensen said...

I was dying to hear about the weekend, you all looked great and like you were having a great time!!! Missed everyone. Can't wait till next year so I can go :) Glad to hear you guys are having a fun and busy summer! Seems to be going by so fast??!! way to go on your race!!

Rusty and Tara said...

Rusty is so proud of Brynn! How fun that you and Brayden are taking mom and baby swim--I wish you were here so you guys could come take my mom and baby class! And I'm jealous of your girls weekend--I wish my friends would do that.