Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sun, Sand, Sports




This cool hat is one of the gifts my mom gave Brett so he could use it with his new TV. It was a big hit for all the football games. I think the kids liked it the most, especially cute Brady.


We are finally at of boxes. YEAH!! No more brown paper, which they stuff in every box, and no more brown boxes. The kids loved playing with all the boxes and paper. They would make "houses" out of them.

I did my last triathlon of the season last Saturday. It was the Santa Rosa Island Triathlon. It was a beautiful day. The ocean was calm and the winds were minimal for the bike. I was a little nervous going into the race because I enter in as an elite athlete. I was happy with the way things turned out. I walked away with a whole $150.00 dollars (enough to almost cover a shopping trip to Ever'man Natural Food). I ended up taking third overall, and the top three pro/elite athlete recieved money. I was happy to end on a good note, but a little sad to think that I have no races lined up. I can't really sign up for any races for next season until we know where we will be stationed. I know that triathlons are an addiction, but they are such a good release from my full time job as a mother and a wife.

We just can't get enough of the beach out here. Since we live so close, and the water is still so warm we have been going at least ones or twice a week.
This is my cute hubby all dressed in uniform. He is on the back row in the middle. He looks so handsome. It make me be so proud of him for all he does to serve our country. (I tried to crop it so you could see it better, but something wasn't working). Anyways, Brett has been busy with his flight class. He starts his intense training tomorrow, which last for 5 weeks, and then he will be flying.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to see pics of you guys! I can not get over little Brady- what a big boy!!

Amberlynn said...

Kami, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Third over all! I'm sooooooooo impressed! Maybe if I run, bike & swim as much as you I can get those barbie doll legs that you have! Love the drink hat. I remember my brother having one of those and we all thought is was soo cool!

Tami said...

Ok so those pictures of your little Brady are too cute! I need to get one of those for Toby.

Jaxon said...

Kami,

I'm so glad things are going well for you guys. I didn't know Brett would be flying, you'll have to explain that. Way to go on your race. Take Care. :)

These Are The Days said...

Oops, sorry that was me Jessica. My son keeps forgetting to log out. :)

These Are The Days said...

Oops, sorry that was me Jessica. My son keeps forgetting to log out. :)

Growinguptogether said...

Way to go. 150.00 that's major cash at our house.
I can't believe you've got moved, organized and in a race in not even a month. You are amazing. Love and miss ya. Check out my blog. You have tons more readers then I do, so if you have a second to post a widget on your blog that would be awesome.

Rusty and Tara said...

the ever busy Kami. /i love the pic of Brady in the hat--that is so funny. And Brett looks so galant in uniform! We can't wait to hear about flight training!

Dixons said...

You are so lucky that you got to move to another beach! It looks like you're having a great time! It's nice to be close to family, but man, I miss the beach!!!

Peck Family said...

score on the $150.00! you could make a nice living by going from race to race kicking some booty! Congrats!

Courtney said...

awesome! - you're a pro now! somehow i've got to figure out how to run fast! i know, maybe i should run more than twice a week? :) well, i got 2nd in my age group and 9th overall. i'll do a post on it soon. there is a silly turkey tri in november, backwards - run, bike, swim. i want to win!

Christine said...

I want to know how you do your training with three little kids? I'm being serious! I really want to know how you stay in such great shape. Love the hat on your little boy. CUTIE!!!

Adam Jensen said...

congrats on the Tri!!! I can't believe how big Brayden looks, love the hat! Enjoy the beaches!!!

Nunes Family said...

Glad you guys are out of boxes! Congrats on the race!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

That hat cracks me up!!!!Where did your mom find it? You are such an amazing triathlete seriously with 3 kids- AMAZING

Sunny said...

I think I need to get Mike one of those hats. Awesome!!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

luv all the recent pics! ive been thinking about you and glad to hear you guys are luving Fl already! depressing to think you have to wait til next year to race again, you rock girl! i just luv it! the other cami

Rebekah's Mom said...

Where did your Mom find that hat? It is awesome! I need one for my Diet Coke.:)
Congrats on your cash prize... going from ameteur age-grouper to "elite"-and winning cash- in just a year and a half? Impressive!
Your new place looks so great. Enjoy your time there!
love and miss you-shaunee