Thursday, November 20, 2008

Enjoying Life

BRETT GRADUATES FROM API (Aviation Preflight Indoctrination)
I can't believe how "hot" my husband looks. :) I am such a lucky girl to be married to this soon to be Flight Surgeon.










Brett graduated from API yesterday, and then he had the day off. We did his favorite thing on his day off. (ha, ha)We got family pictures. Anyways he starts flying helicopters tomorrow. He is really loving the whole flight thing. It is nice to see him so happy. I think he sure look good in his new dress code. :)
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT

Last Friday night, my friend Shannon had tickets to "So You Think You Can Dance". A few of us from my ward went to the show. It was so fun to just go and hang out with the girls, and it was great see all the dancers from the show again.

BLUE ANGELS HOMECOMING SHOW













We have really grown to love the Blue Angels, especially since this is there home here in Pensacola. We went with some of our friends from the ward (two of the girls that later went with me to the "So You Think You Can Dance" show). The girls had fun watching the show and playing with their friends. They also were able to jump with the bungees on trampolines. We have a tramopline now, so I thought it would not be that big of a hit, but they loved how high they could get. The last pictures is of Brayden with his ear protection on. It is very loud at the airshow, so this year we bought ear protection for all of us. Brayden was pretty good about keeping them on because he had them off at first, and I think he realized how loud it really was. I had to put this picture on the post because his cheeks are just so dang cute.
VETERAN'S DAY AT THE MOVIES





So last Tuesday, Brynn and Brett had the day off for Veteran's Day. We headed out to go to the parade, but we somehow never found it. So, we turned to plan B. We let the kids shop at Toy'R'us, and then we went to lunch and then to a movie. It was Brayden's first time sitting through a whole movie. I think everyone liked it and had a great Veteran's Day.
WHAT THE KIDS ARE UP TOO





Brayden is in such a fun stage right now. I have always been pregnant at this stage with the girls, so I don't think I got to thoroughly enjoy this stage. Anyways, he loves playing outside on his garage sale Diego 4-wheeler or on any of his scoot around toys. He love to dance and play with his sisters, and he really like to wear Brett's or my shoes. I think it is cute how the kids want to try and wear our shoes. Above Brayden is wearing my biking shoes and down below Aubrey is wearling Brett's flight boots. Brayden has started talking so much. It is cute to see how everyday he just says new words. He has such a calm, charming, and pleasant personality. He gives me the cutest hugs, and trys to say"I love You". Seriously, he melt my heart.



This is Aubrey dancing in her room to music. She has been so happy lately. Two weeks ago, after a lot of consideration I took Aubrey out of her preschool. It was just causing her too much stress and anxiety for a little three year old. Everyday now she is so happy to be here with Brayden and I. She has become such a good helper. She likes to help me clean, and she loves to jump on the trampoline. As a mom, sometimes it is hard to know what is best to do for your child, but after see how happy she is now, I know I made the right decision. I am happy to have her home with me.:) I have had the chance in the last couple of weeks to take both of the girls on their own little dates. It is so nice spending quality time with them, and being able to give them all of our attention. Aubrey went on a date with me today. She wanted to go shopping to get new clothes. She is our " little diva". Brynn wanted to go to McDonald's on her date. It is fun having two girls that are such good friends, but so different.
































Brynn is learning so much at kindergarten. She was the first one to read enough books to get in the prize box at school. Her teacher says she loves to learn and is a good student. She has also started Speech Therapy which I am so happy about. I think it will make her fill so good to be able to have people understand her a little better. She is growing us so fast. She is gone most of the day. She starts at 7:30 and doesn't get to the bus stop until 2:20. The kids miss her so much. When Brayden and Aubrey see the bus coming they try to run to it as fast as they can go. It is so cute. One day after school we were playing outside, and I noticed Brynn was instructing the kids in something, which is really common for Brynn to do. Anyways, as I observed, Brynn was teaching the kids how to do sit-ups and push-ups. She says she does these in PE, which is one of her favorite classes at school:) (I have to be honest, that makes me really happy).
Anyways, life is good here. We are just enjoying every minute and I am really enjoying how blessed I am to have my cute soon to be flight surgeon/pilot husband and my wonderful children. They bring so much joy to my life everyday.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats to Brett! That is awesome!! And it sounds like you made a good decision pulling Aubrey out of preschool - 3 years old is too young to be having anxiety! :)

Christensen family said...

Congratulations Brett! That is exciting! Such darling pictures of the kids! They are adorable!!!

BensonFam said...

Hooray for Brett! And oh my goodness Brayden's cheeks are just the BEST! Glad you guys are doing so well - I've just loved being able to keep in touch with you.

JonesFamily said...

That is so great for Brett and your family! We are just getting ready for the whole matching process and it drives me nuts not knowing where we are going!!

Tami said...

What cute pictures! That one of Brayden with the ear muffs is so dang cute! Toby is so jealous that you saw the blue angels he wants to see them so bad!

Peck Family said...

Yea for Brett! Yea for the Family! Ahh that's cute of Aubrey to be so happy to be home. That's nice that Home is so fun. Im so happy that life is going so good for you guys. Miss you guys. OH Im excited to see your family pictures post them.

Rusty and Tara said...

Brett, you look so official! Top Gun's got nuthin' on you! And as always you guys are doing a million and one fun things! Brady bug is getting so big--He and Josh will love playing together!

Hilary said...

Your kids are so super cute!! I remember Brynn when she was just starting to crawl around our house in Phoenix. Seeing your pics makes me realize how much my kids have changed in the last couple of years. Congratulations to Brett, what an amazing accomplishment!! Wow, our guys have really been through a lot!!

Rebekah's Mom said...

Congratulations, Brett. And yes, Kami, he does look nice. Gotta love a guy in uniform. That jumping thingy looks way fun. Miss you guys!

Jess said...

I think you guys have one of the most eventful lives of anyone I know! New Orleans looked fun. We hope to be going there in January to see the Utes in the bowl game. If so I will have to get in touch with you for ideas of where to stay, etc.