Sunday, September 7, 2008

WE MADE IT FROM CALIFORNIA TO FLORIDA

We finally made it to Pensacola. It took us six days. The kids were so good so it really wasn't that painfully. It was a little long, but now that we are here it seems like it was so much better than planned. We did some fun stops along the way. We stayed at a couple KOA in cabins and a couple night in hotels and it we all had a great time. One of the highlights of our trip was staying at my brother Spencer and his cute wife Steph's house. It really broke things up, and we just had a wonderful time. They were so good to us. We actually got to relax a little. We arrived here last night. It is beautiful here. We are staying at the Navy Lodge until we find a house. Our lodge is on the beach. The beach here are gorgeous. I have been trying to post pictures, but our internet isn't super fast, and it can't pull them up. I will post pictures when I can. Thanks for all your prays and concerns along our path across country.

12 comments:

Susan said...

How exciting that you are in Florida. You are having so many fun adventures! And you get to keep living in the coolest places! :)

Unknown said...

I can not believe you drove that long! Kudos to you and Brett- AND your kids! Holy Cow! They are troopers! Can't wait to hear all about Florida!

Rebekah's Mom said...

I'm so glad that you're finally there! I thought about you all week, wondering about the storms and such. Hey! I signed up for a tri in Rocky Point on Oct4th. When's your next race?
Good luck finding a house...hopefully soon! Love you!

BensonFam said...

Glad you guys made it safely from your old beach to your new one. :) I've been thinking about you and hoping things go smoothly with getting all settled. Good luck!!

The Moore Family said...

Glad you made it safetly! We are getting ready to drive cross country this weekend, hopefully our trip is as smooth as yours was!

Adam Jensen said...

glad to hear you made it!!! I've been wondering :)

These Are The Days said...

Glad you made it safely and that you had some fun stops along the way. I am jealous, I love adventures and I am SO ready for one (well I guess this homeschooling this is quite an adventure but I'm ready for a move)! Can't wait to see pics. Keep us posted. Laters, Jess

Growinguptogether said...

These beach towns fit you perfectly I think. It may be hard to go back to Utah after being so spoiled. Thanks for the flowers and the phone call that was really thoughful of you, especially with you being so busy. I'm excited to hear about your new home and Kindergarten. Danny hated his first week, but had a better second week. I sure miss you and YMCA just isn't the same.

Rusty and Tara said...

We hope you find a house SOON. It's hard to be unsettled. We are glad you made it safe and sound and can't wait to hear all about your many Florida adventures.

Dixons said...

From one coast to the next-rough life! I'm sure you miss California like we do, but will get settled soon! Enjoy your new adventure!

tj said...

I'm glad you made it safe! I'm excited to see pictures.

m e l said...

glad you guys made it!! You'll have good times there in Florida.