Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just doing our thing

First of all we are all okay. We are still at home (and I mean really at home). We were ask to stay at home unless we really had to leave. Alot of areas around us have evacuated. It is sad to think of all those that have lost there homes and belongings. We are praying for all of them, and praying that the fires will stop soon.

Anyways, other than that we are just doing our thing. We had quite a fun eventful week last week. On Tuesday we went to the museums at Balboa. The kids favorite one was the train museum. (We went with two of our friends out here that both have three boys each, so we had to visit the train museum.) Then, on Wednesday we went to dinner with our friends the Mathews and after we went and got the kids Halloween costumes. The kids were soooo excited for Halloween, and to wear the costumes. Brynn is bat girl, (due to the fact that Brett tells them bat family stories at night), Aubrey is Ariel ( she has wanted to be Ariel ever since last year when Brynn was Ariel), and Brayden is bat baby. I actually had to put their costumes away until our first party, which is this weekend because they wanted to wear them all day everyday. Then, on Thursday the girls started gymnastics. Aubrey is in a mom and tot class and Brynn is in Kindergym. They both LOVE it. Brynn is really good. Then later that afternoon the girls help me finish Brayden's name for his room. I have been trying to do this since before Brayden was born. I am glad we are finally finishing it now that he is almost 9 months. :)Then on Saturday I went up to Oceanside to have a baby shower for my friend Jenny. She just had her first girl, Annabelle. She is so beautiful, and Jenny is so happy. So, I guess the picture of the girls with their class tells it all. WE are bright and happy here.

























































11 comments:

The Trippy Stevensons said...

You must have known we were thinking of you. We were watching the news and I commented to Phil that I wondered how you were doing there among the fires. I got on the blog and found my answer. I am glad you are safe and haven't been uprooted yet. We shall pray as well.
p.s the costumes are awesome! Those kids are just growing! cute cute!

Peck Family said...

Just yesterday aubree, ashley and I were so concerned about you! So glad you guys didn't have to get evacuated. Glad to hear everything is okay.

Susan said...

I as well, have been thinking of you Kami! I'm so relieved to hear a good report from you. The kiddies look so cute in their Halloween costumes! And the gymnastics classes look like a ton of fun!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So glad you are all alright! It sounds so crazy there right now. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for anyone, and keep us posted on how you are doing!! Your kids are darling. Very fun Halloween costumes!

Nunes Family said...

Kami, glad to hear you guys are ok so far. Hope you don't have to get evacuated. Your Halloween costumes are sooo cute. Your kids are getting big. Prayers are with you guys and everyone over there.

Liora said...

We are also so glad all is well with you guys!! Love the costumes! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Glad to hear you are keeping sane! We are just praying that this thing starts to take a turn for the better...it's just horrible. I'm glad you guys have a couple things to keep you occupied... Halloween costumes, fun projects, and let's not forget the Y & Henry's!!! Talk soon - luv the other CAmi

Sunny said...

Kam, glad you are OK. Sounds like it's mostly over now. Pretty crazy. Can you go outside now?

the landreths said...

I thought I'd commented on this post but now i see i didn't :). The kids look adorable in their costumes! How has your Halloween season been? Glad you guys could stay home to outlast the fires. Miss you!

The Mathews Family said...

I always so love the pictures you post! You do a good job of posting candid and fun photos. Love the bat girl costume - it turned out great!

Peck Family said...

Yes Kami I will do your pictures when you come up! I would love to!