Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our Big News and Other Holiday Festivities

We found out last week that Brett is going to be a Flight Surgeon for the Navy. What that means is that we will be going to Florida next year to do flight school. Fun for us that we get to see so many different places :)




Yesterday we got to see my uncle Jeff, his son JD, and my grandma and grandpa Herring. It was so fun. They took us to pizza, and then came over and hung out. It was so great to see them. The other picture is of the girls in the store. They have been troopers to come with me all over San Diego to finish up my Christmas shopping. It is pretty funny because sometimes Brynn will just stop next to a display in the store and say she wants to take a picture.













Last weekend we got together with some friends out here and made gingerbread house. It was such a fun activity. The girls actually did a great job. It is hard to really see there gingerbread house, but it was an interesting house. It was all done by the girls. Brayden didn't help much with the houses, but he loved playing around in the living room.








Brett had Saturday off, so we went down by the bay. There is a huge playground that the girls love, and Brett watched the kids while I went running. It was a beautiful sunny day. I was running in a tank top, and you think I would be use to warm weather in December, but it is still crazy for me to not see snow around Christmas. Later on Saturday my friend watched the girls while Brett, Brayden, and I went Christmas shopping. ( It was almost like a date. It was so nice).




This was Brynn's preschool concert. She did such a great. She would come home and practice her moves so she would be ready for the concert. I was so impressed that Ms. Ruby could get 2o four years old to dance and sing. ( This a picture of one of Brynn's old teacher. She was sad when Ms. Joslyn had to leave so she could go to college).

















8 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Hi! That is so cool that Brett will be a flight surgeon, exciting to go from one coast to the other! You will have to let us know how the Pacific compares to the Atlantic :) We will move 4 times when residency is done being that we have to move out to the rural site and then to another home after that, so I understand how that is. But how fun to see so many places!!! Have a great Christmas, loved your card and pictures!!!

Sunny said...

Congratulations to Brett! (And you, you get to move to such fun places!) It's funny to see you guys in shorts in your pictures. It's so cold here! When will you move? Have a Merry Christmas!! Love you lots!

Sunny said...

Loved the Christmas card too. Thank you!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

WOW Florida!! How exciting for you guys!! We went to Florida once and LOVED it!! We are so thrilled for you guys!! I love Bryn's dancing-she was the best one-how cute!!

Rusty and Tara said...

Kami and Brett--
I am so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with all your news! It almost makes me feel like we're a family! :)
CONGRATS on flight school! That is so awesome and we are so proud of Brett! We're sad b/c that puts you ever further away from us, and I guess you're not going to hop in the car for any road trips from Florida, but maybe on your way out there you can stay a night with us!
See you SOON! (My kids can't wait! When Halle saw your card and heard she was going to get to see Brynn and Aubrey she started jumping and dancing around)

hughes family said...

kami, don't title your blog entry "our big news", that really freaked me out for a second!! ha ha! no, i'm so excited that you guys got what you wanted. i think todd got the same thing, florida for flt. surg. when will you move, do you know yet? the girls and brayden look so great, brynn was the BEST one in the group--so cute! i miss little brynnie, miss all of you guys!
talk soon, meg

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Luv the video - she is a doll...I luv the practicing at home, you probably had most of the moves down as well :)! CONGRATS on flight surgery, sounds like a great way to go! Two of our friends are down there now and they luv it! Talk soon - luv the other Cami

T K Barlow said...

Kami,
Hi, I saw your blog through Cami's and thought I would see what you are doing. congrats on the flight surgery. Let me know if you need any info or anything. We find out this week or next which billets are available so that's exciting and then we move in April. Florida is nice, but I sure miss San Diego. However you can't be the break this will be. Tom pretty much had the last two weeks off. Nice, eh? Let me know. keriannbarlow@gmail.com