Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fun with girlfriends and family









Every year my girlfriends and I from college get together. It worked out that it was down here this year. I was able to meet up with them for the day events. The first day we went to the spa. It was so nice and relaxing. We did mud baths, floated around in pools, had a great health lunch, and then we got a sea kelp wrap. I felt so spoiled. That night they went to Wicked, and I went home to my cute family. Then next day I met them at the beach. We boogieboard, went on bike cruisers, and rode the Flowrider, which is a man made wave. It was a blast, and the funniest part was see all my friends do it. It is always a treasured weekend. It is nice to just do something to feel like a carefree kid of girl once in a while. Thanks to all my friends for making it such a wonderful weekend.




































Brett and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at the park with our three cute kids. Cute Brett was post call, which means he worked over thirty hour straight with no sleep. H came home and slept about two hours and then he just stayed awake so he could be with me and the kids on our anniversary. I just have to say for the record I am so happy to have been married to my handsome, sweet, loving husband. My love has only grown stronger through the years. We have had alot happen in these six year, but I wouldn't trade any of it.






































Brett brother Cory and his wife Lindsey came out for a Disneyland trip, and then they drove down here last week to spend a few days with us. We stayed at Navy Lodge in Coronado, our home away from home as my mother-in-law calls it. It was so fun. We barbecued every night. We went to the zoo one day, hung out at the beach, and then on Sat. we went to the Red Bull Air Races. ( I unfortunately only had my camera on this day). The races itself and the Navy boat show was cool. The time in between about 3 hours was a little long for the five kids. You can probably tell from the pictures that they were a little tired. Anyways, it was so fun to see them and our kids love hanging out with their cousins.

Here is Brynn riding her bike without training wheel. After talking to some of my girlfriends during my girls weekend about tips on teaching their kids to ride without training wheel, I decided to try their tips. They worked and within minutes Brynn was off and riding by herself. She was so proud of herself.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Kami, I love that you take time every year to get together with good friends. Your family looks like you are always doing something fun. Can't wait for our weekend in July.

Adam Jensen said...

fun stuff! Happy Anniversary :)

Sunny said...

Cute pictures! What a fun weekend. I had SO much fun this weekend. I love that you have the picture of Hillary stuck on the Flowrider. Awesome girls! Awesome memories. Thanks! Happy Anniversary. Love!

Stephanie Johnson said...

So what are the tips for teaching your kids to ride without training wheels? Your girls trip sounds sooo fun. Hey will you E-mail me your new number. We tried to call you earlier and all your numbers we have are disconnected. thanks

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Way to go Brynn! Looks like you had an amazing weekend, one I'm sure you deserve!!! Luv the other Cami

Rusty and Tara said...

So fun to see the pics of the kids! Halle is jealous. I need more details about the aquathon--it sounds interesting--is it open water?
And Brynn--what an adventuresome girl! I can hardly get Halle on her bike with training wheels, let alone without!