Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Great Race, Fun With a Dear Friend, a Clean Van, And A Wonderful Mother's Day! (What more could a girl want).

Early Friday morning, I dropped my children off at my friends house. (Thanks to all my friends who watch my children while I race. You are all such lifesavers:)).From there I headed to the Naval Base in San Diego. I was off to do my first Aquathon. I was a little unsure how it would go. I usually like the race regardless of what I am asked to do, and this one was no different. It was a great race. There is just something that is indescribable about being out there racing. I love just pushing my body so hard, and seeing how well it can perform. Luckily, I performed well enough to win in the women's division. From there we headed to Brynn's Mother's Day Tea.





This was my first Mother's Day Tea, and what an awesome time we all had. It was cute to see what Brynn had made me. I know she was excited to show me her craft. (Ms. Ruby, who is in the picture with her and her friend Danny, is so creative and crafty). Brayden and Aubrey always get to come with me, and I think they have as much fun as anyone. ( Brayden loves all the treats:)).



On Friday afternoon we met up with my long time friend Hillary (I mean a long time friend. We were cheerleaders together back in Junior High and later college roommates). Anyways, we went to the Flower Field in Carlsbad. There was so many beautiful flowers. Brynn wanted to get in some pictures, Aubrey didn't want to get in any pictures, but Hillary's little girl was good to get in any picture. I loved the picture of her in all the flowers.There was a fun playground, a flower maze, a gem finding place, and just more flowers. It was a nice afternoon, and it was so fun to hang out with Hillary.
I am thankful to each of my children for making me a mom. Each of them add so much to my life.
My sweet Brayden is always smiling. He loves the park and especially the slides. He loves to give me open mouth kisses. He is such my little charmer with is big blue eyes and his long eyelashes.
My friendly, nice, cute model posing girl, Brynn, is full of adventure. She is always climbing, scooting, biking, roller skating, or for her down time she loves doing crafts. She is a good helper, and a good big sister. She has a big heart and is such a good friend.
My spunky, bubbly, little Aubrey just loves to bounce around. She loves make-up and wearing dresses. She loves the park and she try to do whatever Brynn does. She is a sensitive, very nurturing little girl. She loves being with her family. She is one that loves/needs attention

Here is a shout out to Brett and the kids for spoiling me on Mother's Day. Brett got me a DVD player installed in the van( kind of a gift and kind of a sanity thing), some flowers, some cool produce containers, and some fun workout stuff. When I asked why he got me so much stuff he said it is because I have three kids. (More kids= more presents ...um still not worth having more kids right now). Anyways, the best gift of all was that Brett was home for half of the day. It was fun just hanging out at the park. I just took it all in, and I thought about how blessed I was to be a mom. I love each of my kids so much, and I am so glad Heavenly Father has given me a chance to be their mom. I am also so thankful to be blessed with a wonderful mother. If I am any bit of a good mom it is because I had an excellent example of what a mother should be like when I was growing up. My mom is one of my best friends, and for that I count my lucky stars.

It is probably hard to tell how clean my van is, but believe me it is SO CLEAN. For a Mother's Day present to myself I took our van in and got it detailed. It looks almost as nice as it did a year ago when we bought it. (To any of you who had seen my van, you know what a real treat this was).

My cutest little boy had to toughen up tonight. I am trying to get rid of his pacifier, so I cut some of it off tonight. He was so sad. He kept handing it to me. I think he was thinking I was going to fix it because then he would want it back. He would try sucking it, and get so sad. I felt like the meanest mom. He is such a happy go-lucky little boy, and the only thing he really love is his pacifier. We'll see how it goes.

12 comments:

Clint C. said...

Kami, I was so touched by this blog. What a wonderful tribute to your kids. You should put this in their journals! This is what Mothers Day is to me too. A time to sit back and and think how rich we are to have each of our children!!

BensonFam said...

I'm sure to people without kids a clean car is no big deal, but for one of my Mother's Day gifts Cameron went and got my car detailed and I am in HEAVEN right now!

Stephanie Johnson said...

You are such a better person than me. i just can't give up the pasifier I tired to day actually to put Sofie down for a nap without one and I only lasted like 5 min. before I gave in. Maybe I should try cutting it. P.S. You are one tough lady- congrats on all your races.

Growinguptogether said...

I don't know how you do it all? I'm amazed everytime I read your blog. I'm also inspired to see more of what this beautiful area has to offer. I hope your kids and hubby know how blessed they too are for having you as their mother!!!

hughes family said...

hey kami,
loved your post! your kids are so adorable, i miss them SO much!! Kudos to brett for all the great mom's day gifts! (isa saw the dvd player and said, "can we have a tv in our van?") LOVE a clean van. oh, and congrats again on your race! hows the pacifier thing going? goodness, eva's 2.5 and i'm still a sucker and let her have it. *I* need to toughen up and take it away. You're smart to do it now, rather than later when he can get sassy with you and yell mean things at you. :)
love, meg

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

kami, i luv your updates and getting a peak into you and your fam's life! i'm so pumped for you and all your accomplishments with your racing, it is really amazing! happy you had a happy mothers' day!!! go brett on the dvd thing! luv the other cami

Rebekah's Mom said...

I love this post. I'm so glad you had such a great Mother's Day, you deserve the best!

Tami said...

such cute pictures!! Kami you are looking pretty fantastic!

Peck Family said...

loved all of your pictures kami! you guys are so cute!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So sad about Brayden's pacifier! I know the feeling, it just breaks your heart! Sounds like a fun week! You are quite the racer...I can't believe how many races you do-way to go!!

tj said...

Great job on your race! I'm going to have to tell Brandon-the more kids the more presents. That sounds good-but then I guess I'd have to do the same for Father's Day!

Tami said...

Kami,
Great to see you all. Your Family looks great. I don't do much blogging, but my wife keeps me updated and sounds like things are super good for you and yours. Glad to see Brett is stepping up! I thought he might be good to you. Tell him hello from me. Later
Toby