Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Parties and more Parties (WARNING super long)!!




AUBREY'S SCHOOL FIELDTRIP



















































WE went on a little hayride with Aubrey's preschool class. Brayden and Aubrey had fun on the hayride, but I think their favorite part was getting off and playing around with all of the decorations. They hayride at night was a "haunted" hayride. After the hayride we had a picnic and played at the park.






TRUNK-R-TREAT AT THE CHURCH







Brayden was so happy about all of his "own" candy.








The girls couldn't even wait to get home to dump out all of there candy. They dumped it out in the back of the van, while we were finishing passing out our treats.





The kids were all "superhero's" this year. Brayden was spider man, Brynn was super girl, and Aubrey was wonder women. They all looked "super cute". They all got super excited to be superhero. In this picture Aubrey is "using" here silver bracelet for super powers.




MORNING OUT WITH DAD FOR DONUTS
















Brett took the kids out for donuts on Saturday morning. Brayden loved it especially the hat. He loves doing #1 one in pictures now. I love how the hat shows off his cute chubby cheeks. He is still so dang cute. He is starting to talk alot now, which I love, but that means he is not going to be my baby for much longer. :(




















When we were looking for house Brynn said she wanted a house with an orange tree and a swimming pool. We didn't get a house with a swimming pool, but we did get a house with an orange tree. As of this week they are ripe and so orange and juicy. For the last month or so, Brynn would watch them from her window to see when they would be ripe. It is so great just walking outside and picking an orange. :)




CARVING PUMPKINS





























So carving pumpkins has become a tradition in our family on the last family night before Halloween. The girls really love it. It was nice this year because we had a medical student that was out here doing a rotation over for dinner that night, so when it came time to carve pumpkins we had an extra set of hands to put to work.



YW AND YM PARTY






























We had a fun Halloween party in Young Women's. The kids had fun doing three legged races and apple bobbing, but I think the leaders had the best time in the donut eating contest. We had four young men leaders eating donuts on a string at the same time. It was so funny. We haves such fun leaders. I am so happy to be in the Young Women's because although we are few in numbers, they are all so sweet and great.



AUBREY'S SCHOOL HALLOWEEN PARTY


































































Brayden and I went in to help with Aubrey's Halloween party at her school. They went trick or treating to all of the different classrooms (over 18). I thought it was fun, but Aubrey and Brayden got quite tired. At the end the parents had a little game of musical chairs. My competitive spirit came out an it was down to me and another mom. It ended with me in the chair, and the other mom on the ground. (The chair slid down when we both went to sit down, and I stayed on the chair and she fell down). It was super comical. I went home with a lovely door prize.

BRYNN'S FALL PAJAMA PARTY





This is Brynn with her new teacher Miss Keegan. Brynn got put in a new class in October because there were too many kids in her original class. Miss Keegan has been so great to work with.


We had a fun Pajama party at Brynn's class on Halloween. The school didn't allow the kids to dress up, so all the kindergarten classes (all 8) decided to have a pj day. We got Brynn' some really cute light up ones. Anyways, the kids and I went in and did Halloween crafts with them, and had treats. I think the kids all had a great time. Then we stayed and had lunch with Brynn. Aubrey thought it was so cool to be eating lunch with all the big "kindergarten" kids. Then after lunch all the kindergarten children did a parade around to each class room. The spider hats they are wearing is one of the little crafts we did.

HALLOWEEN NIGHT





The girls and our neighbor Bella and Emmalyn went Trick or Treating. We just went around our neighborhood, but I was so surprised how much candy they got. Poor Brayden had to stay home with Brett to pass out candy. At the end of Brynn's party Brayden got sick, and actually ended up throwing up all over in Brynn's classroom.(Poor little guys).
In the top picture Brynn was trying to look "scary". Crazy girl.


FALL CARNIVAL



The girls made bracelets, got their hear sprayed pink, got their face painted, played games, and got snow cones. It really was a fun carnival. Everyone on the PTA worked really hard, and it showed.



Here is Aubrey bogging for apples. She was loving getting her head in the water. I think all the kids liked getting their head in the water because it was a hot day. I wish you could have seen the water. I would change it ever hour, but it was pretty sick. Good thing kids that young don't care about gems. :)







So, the day after Halloween Brynn school had a Fall Carnival. Some how I had signed up to help with the PTA, and ended up being the room mom for Brynn's class which in turn put you in charge of a booth at the carnival. Anyways, we ended up doing Apple Bobbing, which turned out to be a big hit. ( YEAH! I have to admit, being a room mom is way more time consuming than I thought, but I love it because it mean I get to help Brynn's school experience be fun).

We had a fun couple of weeks with all the parties, but by the end of Saturday afternoon, I was so happy we were done with all of our parties for awhile.

15 comments:

JonesFamily said...

I can't believe how big Braden is, I guess that means Ezra is too! Looks like fun in FL!!

Sunny said...

I am laughing because I had the same experience. I am now Ellie's room mom, the other mom quit. We did a fall carnival too and we had to do a booth. We'll have to exchange ideas for the other parties. Cute pictures. Love the superheroes!

Growinguptogether said...

I alway geat up for the holidays. They are fun put way busy. Someday will miss the business, I'm told.

Peck Family said...

We want to go to FL! Looks like so much fun.

Rusty and Tara said...

Well, since you are a super family it only makes sense that your kids were superheros. So adorable. And I am so jealous of the orange tree in the backyard--it make my mouth water just thinking about it!

Whitney said...

Looks like you're settling in just swell. I'm envious that you're in Florida and we've got snow here in Utah. Send me some sun for Christmas ok!

Tami said...

I am loving all of your cute pictures!! What a cute idea to do all super heroes for halloween. I love the little wonder woman that is darling!

Adam Jensen said...

cute post! cute kids! I love Braden's chubby cheeks too! I am SO jealous you have your own orange tree. All my life I have never eaten store bought oranges thanks to my family living in AZ boy I sure miss a tree ripe orange...oh and those orange blossoms!!! SO JEALOUS

tj said...

Looks like fun!

Christine said...

Every time I look at your blog I think "Wow they are busy!" It looks like October was full of parties and a whole lot of fun.

Brizzee said...

Wow you guys were busy. I love your kids costumes. Those are so cute. How fun. I am very jealous to see you in shorts and looking so summery. We are freezing here.

the landreths said...

Wow--so much halloween fun! LOVE the Halloween costumes and Braden is getting to be so big (and, if it's possible, even cuter!)

Hilary said...

Wow, your kids are growing too!! I wish we were closer, we would have so much fun together.

Suzy Fackrell said...

Looks like you're having a ball in Florida. You definitely can't complain about the weather, eh? So much fun! I have been a room Mom the past three years too, so I know what you mean! The kids will remember it forever, so it's worth it, right?
Love,
Suzy

Stephanie Johnson said...

I love the family themed costumes- so cute!!! I didn't even think they would have girl super hero costumes!!- you are such a good mom Kami