Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Loving the fall weather in Utah and Idaho






































































































We decided to make a trip to Utah and Idaho. I just couldn't miss coming home during my favorite season. We left on Saturday, and got to the Banks exactly 12 hours later. I wasn't sure if me and the kids could do it by ourselves, but we made it safe and sound. We had fun with the Banks on Sunday and Monday. The first thing the girls wanted to do was ride the Jeep. We are never prepared enough for how cold it is here. Luckily Grandma Sharon had gloves and jackets for the girls. We also got to go to my brother in laws 30th birthday party. Some of my brother and friends came over to the Banks for the party. We had a great time. On Monday Grandpa Alan took the kids on a lawn mower ride. Then Brynn decided to take Brayden on a little lawn mower ride. Brayden actually loved it. Then later that day we loaded back up. Brynn was in tears first because she had to leave grandma and grandpa and second because she said she didn't want to have to be in the car again. She said it was going to take "forever" to get to grandma and grandpa's house. Anyways, we made it to my parent. It was so fun seeing them. Then that night we went to my sister soccer banquet. My sister Kelsi is a very good devoted soccer player so it was fun to go and support her in her stuff. Then this morning the girls played in the leaves and picked apples. Cute Brayden just sat in his stroller and played with leaves. The girls love playing in my parent yard. My parents live in the country, so they have so much yard to play in. It is a little different then our patio backyard. My parent have a tree house, playground, soccer field, etc, etc. Anyways, and the last picture is the kids going to bed. There bedtime is always so much later than at home. They love that. It has been so fun to see my family and friends. It always feels so good to get back in touch with my roots. I will probably be posting more than usually because this is how Brett is seeing the pictures. (Cute Brett has to stay home and work, work, work. Thanks Brett for working so we can play).















14 comments:

Brett said...

You guys look great, love ya and miss you- Dad

The Mathews Family said...

How cute - Brett's post... Our poor hard working hubbies.

I had no idea you were heading up north! I can't believe you did it by yourself with the kids! You'll have to tell me more and how did you make stops? Are you still breastfeeding Brayden?

I love the fall too. You know it's been 5 years now since I've experienced a real "Autumn" season with the leaves and everything. I really miss it.

the landreths said...

When you called and said you were on your way to Idaho i could hardly believe it! You're awesome for tackling that trip by yourself. Looks like it's been worth it. Seeing your kids with the apples and the leaves makes me miss fall even more. Cute, cute pictures. How long are you there?

Adam Jensen said...

That is awesome that you guys were able to make the long trip to see you family! Have fun!!!!

Susan said...

Oh, the lovely fall! I miss the fall! The pictures of your kids with all the apples and the pretty fall leaves are so cute. So fun!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh I miss Fall in Idaho! I'm very impressed that you took all the kids by yourself. I've done it a few times and I'm always amazed that somehow it reall works! Your kids look like they are having such a fun time. That is so much fun for them!

Whitney said...

ok Kami-
How brave you are to be confined so long in a car with three small kids, hopefully you packed a DVD player! I can't get over Kelsi, the last time I saw here she was about 3 or so...holy cow! Let me know the next time you visit Utah, I'd love to see you and your little ones.

hughes family said...

KAMI!! you are CRAZY! :) but i'm SO happy that you made the trek up north to see your family and brett's family. i'm sure the kids are having a great time and that you are enjoying some family time. Say hi to your family for m! So happy you can spend time with them, and BE SAFE driving back!!
love, meg

JonesFamily said...

I think the thing I miss the most about Fall/winter is all the cute coats, sweaters, etc!! I heard you are coming to Az for a tri, i think I am doing it too!

Shelly said...

I must admit I am jealous. I wish I could go and see my own family. How fun you got to do it in the fall. Aren't the leaves so fun! You are a brave women to do it with all 3...quite the adventure I'm sure.

Jess said...

Hey guys,

I am so glad you have a blog. I got your blog address off of Tara nad Rusty's blog. We have not seen you guys for so long! I don't know if you are going to be at the Bank's for Christmas or not, but it would be fun to see you all. We see Cory and Lindsey a lot, but its been a while since we have seen you all. Your little family is so cute, and the girls are getting so big. Our blog address is: http://jessjeffntessa.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you soon.

Jess, Jeff & Tessa Miller

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! I'm bummed we missed each other...I really want to met up with you in DEC!?! When are you coming to UT...I will be in town around the 16th...let's talk soon! Glad you could get away - family help is always nice! Hope things are going well...you are a trooper! Luv the other Cami

Growinguptogether said...

Seeing your fall pictures makes me wish I had caravaned with you. Danny misses Brynn in preschool. When are you coming back to San Diego?

So I've decided to go digital with scrapbooking. There is so much out there and I noticed that a lot of your friends have scrapbook pages posted on their blogs. Would they or you mind if I wrote them and asked how they are creating their pages or if they are using a certain web site?

Rusty and Tara said...

Kami--
I am tagging you. Look at my blog for details.

Hope you have a safe drive home you crazy, energetic girl!

Love, Tara