Monday, March 10, 2008

A Triathlon with an Ironman Champion to a Birthday Party with 20 cute kids









I did a triathlon on Saturday morning with my good friend Vicky. I thought it was just going to be a local race. Well, after finishing the race second to a super fast girl. I found out that the super fast girl was Michellie Jones. She won the Ironman Kona World Championship in 2006 and won a silver medal in the Sydney Olympic in 2000. I couldn't believe that such a huge pro was at the race. I not only got pictures of her, but she posted a picture of me and her on her blog because I was the one who took second place to her. This is now my big clam to fame. I loved doing the triathlon and it just gets me more excited to do the next 4 races I have set up to do.




Brynn and Aubrey had a My Little Pony Birthday party Saturday afternoon. It was a little crazy, but I think all the kids had fun. Brynn loves parties. She has been planning this party ever since her party last year. She loved putting the little goody bags together, and both her and Aubrey loved shopping for all there party supplies. All of their friends came, and they of course got way too many gifts. It is always so cute to see your kids so happy and excited. ( I mean who doesn't love their birthday:)









































We went down to La Jolla Cove on Thursday. It is such a
beautiful place. Brayden LOVED the water. Brynn tried to catch the baby crabs, and Aubrey liked to playing in the baby pools of water and little caves. There is something about being at the ocean which is just so relaxing and rejuvenating.



































My good friend Ashley came in town last week to go to Disneyland. We got to hang out Wednesday morning at a park before they went. It was so fun, and our kids actually played together really well. It is always so fun to see her. She is so happy and positive. Her in laws live here, so lucky I get to see her every couple of months.


14 comments:

Sunny said...

Kami, are you kidding me? You are my hero!! I am so proud of you. Second place to a chick like that? Amazing. Congratulations. And congrats on pulling off that big of a birthday party. Wowsers. You've officially earned the title "super mom". I think I'm doing good if I make my bed in the morning!!! Can't wait to see you . Love you.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Seriously!! Are ironmans next for you?? That is so awesome! Congrats that is HUGE!!! Love the birthday party-aren't they always so much fun! This is the BEST time of year!!

Clint C. said...

Kami, You rule! I fully expect you to be the ironman champion someday! Great job! And I'm guessing the ironman champion doesn't have 3 preschoolers at home, that's what really makes it amazing!

the landreths said...

Oh my goodness, kami, that is so awesome! Not surprising, but really really awesome. :) And the birthday party looks like it was a hit. Your kids are going to have great memories of their fun birthdays. AND it was really so fun to see you, too. Can't wait to get back there again--or get you out here again. :)

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

KAMI you are phenomenal and my hero, really you are...how do you do it all!!?!?! Keep rocking it girl! Luv the other Cami

Rebekah's Mom said...

Michellie Jones? Are you kidding me? That is soooo awesome! She is one of THE best in the sport. Wow. I would have been star struck. You forgot to mention that not only did you come in 2nd overall, but you WON your age group! Great Job! I'm so proud of you! -s

Shelly and Ken said...

OK I know everyone has already said it but you are amazing. That is so awesome! Not only did you compete in a tri but you got second and the only person that beat you is Michellie Jones one of the best. That is quite the accomplishment! Congratulations!

Liora said...

That is awesome you got second!! I am so impressed - you really are amazing!

hughes family said...

kami, i'm so proud of you! you are so inspiring! you really need to get sponsored and get some good free gear!
love, meg

The Kalcichs said...

Kami, you are amazing! You are a kick-butt athlete and mom. You seriously motivate me to keep going. Thanks!

Jill said...

Kami, everything has already been said but that is so awesome, I am so proud and happy for you that you are able to do something you love while also caring for your family. I am sure someday you will be in the triathalon in Kona, when we went in Oct. it was just one week after it had taken place. I know you'll keep on going. Great job. Jill

Stephanie Johnson said...

How exciting about the triathalon and my claim to fame is that you are my sister-in-law who took second only next to olympic champion. The birthday party looks so fun!!!

The Mathews Family said...

SUuuuuuuch a fun party and Congrats again on the race- YOU ROCKED that one!! You're a champion in so many ways- this is just another one to add to your list. I'M NOT WORTHY!! So amazing and inspiring!

It was so fun hanging out and having dinner with you guys. I hope we can do it again soon. We need to plan a girl's day or weekend or whatever soon. I'll post something soon on the girl's blog.

Are you loving spring here as much as I am? I didn't know it could get any better!?!?

HUGS!!

Jen said...

Hi Kami...My next door neighbor (Glauser's) told me about your blog. It is so awesome that you came in second place behind MJ. You must be FAST. I am into triathlon also...but the closest i've come to MJ was handing her some water at an aid station at IM Arizona :)