Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fun date in the Mud!

Brett and I did a fun 10K mud run. ( Thanks to Melissa who so kindly watched our kids). We had to run up LOTS of hills, got sprayed by firetrucks, climbed muddy walls, cross creeks and a river, crawled through pipes and low ground crawls. It was crazy, but as Brett put it "It was one of the best races". It was so fun doing a race, playing in the mud, and getting to spend time with my dirty husband. (I figure if I sign both of us up for a race we are bound to get a date :) ).


I had a great race and actually ended up taking 2nd overall and 1st in my age group. I was so happy to have done so well, but I have to admit I was a little sad that the girl that beat me only finished 14 seconds before me. Hopefully, it will just make me want to do better next weekend in my triathlon that I am doing with my brother Jayson in Provo.
It was so fun just hanging out together after the races. ( We almost didn't know what do with ourselves without having the kids around :)).
I got this awesome picture of Brett right as he was finishing. I love the mud on his face. He did so awesome. I was so proud of him that he did the race. He had bronchitis at the being of the week . He felt good before he did the race, but with being sick and never really having time to train he did so great.The girls and I got him a new Garmin 405 for fathers day. We let him have it early, so he could use it during the races. I think that was a real motivator for him! It was awesome to come home and track all of his data from the race. (After seeing everything it can do I am thinking I might need to get myself one). I also wanted to say how blessed and lucky I am to have Brett as my children's daddy. :) He is an awesome dad, and my little girls and boy can't wait to see him when he comes home from work. He is so good to GO and DO so many fun family activities. He had been so busy this year, but he has always put us first. WE LOVE YOU BRETT! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I also wanted to say thanks to my dad and Brett's dad for being such wonderful fathers to Brett and me.

There was over 2,000 people in this race. This is the finish line. Once you cross the finish line you have to stay in order so they can pull your number. If you look close you can see how wet and muddy everyone is.

Here is cute Brayden trying to practice running with my medal on. We are starting him early in his training for running. :)


The girls did the cutest thing ever on Thursday. I was on the phone getting tennis and swimming lessons arranged. Brynn came in and got me. She told me her and Aubrey had a surprise for me. They had set up a little picnic breakfast outside with their "first" fruit salad. I couldn't believe how good they did making it. (I did cut the kiwis for them because they were trying to peel them with a butter knife, but everything else they did). It was fun we had a little breakfast salad outside. I love my cute girls. I like that my love for fruit has rubbed off on them.:)

9 comments:

Peck Family said...

Kami! I loved this post! brett looked like he had fun! And your killing me winning all of these races! or almost! Good job and Happy FD Brett!

Susan said...

Wow Kami!! You are amazing!! You got 2nd out of 2000 people?!! Holy cow - you are awesome! :)

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

kami - i luv your updates and it looks like you guys are GOing & DOing which is so much fun...I'm glad you and Brett had a little extra time together to do something so fun & memorable! you're still my idol...buggin on that 14 seconds girl, you dominate! luv the other cami

Rebekah's Mom said...

The race looks like so much fun! One of these days I'll talk Jay into doing it with me. Congrats! to both of you. Was Brett a little bugged that you beat him? 14 seconds behind the leader would irritate anyone with a little bit of competetive spirit, don't feel bad about that!...Good luck this weekend!

Rebekah's Mom said...

I forgot to add.....the fruit salad looks sooooo yummy. Great job, girls! And, I hope you beat your brother this weekend:)

Stephanie Johnson said...

Kami no one would ever know how hard of a year it was for you with Brett gone all the time because you are so positive. That is something I love about you. That race sounds so fun I think you are an amazing person.

Rusty and Tara said...

I heard about your crazy Utah trip! I can't beleive Bode broke his arm. Woah. Tell Brett congrats on the end of his internship--I bet you are NOT sad to see it end. We miss you guys!!!

And, you've inspired me. I'm going to run a 5k on the 4th. I know, pretty lame, but it's a first step, right???

Angie said...

Wow. That is really awesome, Kami! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

the landreths said...

WHOA! GO KAMI! I'm so proud of you. Good luck in Provo!!