Sunday, June 8, 2008

Girl Parties and more summer fun!

Notice all the glitter. Brett says he is banning glitter. He says it is just sticky stuff that you can see. He just needs to get use to girls.:)









Brynn was so excited to have her"Girl Party". (She even told Brett he couldn't come). Anyways her and Aubrey spent a week planning their party. They made invitations, help me shop for decorations and party favors, and helped make the cupcakes and cut up the fruit. They even made tons of princess pictures and hung them on the wall. (Look in the picture and you can see how our kitchen wall got turned into a princess wall). Anyways, a few girls came over. The girls dressed up. Then they decorated cupcakes and had fruit. Then they got to put on make-up, and at the end we went outside and I painted their fingernails and toenails. It was so fun to see how much fun it is to be a little girl.:)

On Saturday we went to the Zoo. I had to post the picture of everyone in their hats. I am trying to be better with the whole "being protected from the sun" thing, especially because Brayden's skin is so fair. The funnest part of the zoo for me is always see the kids and Brett so happy. This day was no different, but now Brayden gets so into seeing the animals. He points to all the animals and tries to say things. It is the cutest. He LOVES animals and WATER, which you'll see below with him playing in the ocean.
Brynn wanted me to take a picture of her since she was taking a picture of me and Ashley. She loves to climb in trees. Ashley boys also like to take pictures of them selves if you notice in the next picture. :)
My friend Ashley and her family came in town last weekend. It is always so fun to see her. It was a little bit of a bummer because we were planning on having a BBQ together on Sunday night, but half of my family got sick. Ashley and I just ended up getting together at the park with a few kids. Her husband just graduated from medical school. What a fun and exciting time she has ahead of her.


We went to Sea World again with our friends the Williams. ( You can never go there enough). Anyways, the kids loved the Sesame park the best again. We went on another new ride, which is kind of like tea cups at Disneyland. It was funny to see Brayden first like it and then get scared. The girls of course loved it. It was also nice spending time with Williams. They came her for a few days, so we actually went to lunch with them and had a BBQ together. It is always great to see them, and get caught up with them. We were in the same ward with them in AZ. It is nice to make new friends, but at the same time old friends are something you treasure forever.
Look out my hot men! Also notice the waves behind Brett they were so big yesterday.




We ended up going to La Jolla yesterday to do a few things. We thought we would just go to the beach and hang out, not necessarily get wet. I don't know why we ever think that. Within minutes Brayden was soaking wet. I brought his swimsuit but he got wet to fast. We found a little "kid-made" wading pool. Brayden just sat there and played in the water and sand. He was the happiest kid ever. Brynn of course couldn't stay out of the water. She loves to go "jump the waves". She has always loved playing in the water. Cute Aubrey is always just happier playing in the sand far away from the "big" waves . ( It looks like she is doing some sort of yoga. Maybe she is trying to get in touch with her inner self :)). I know alot of my blog is of the ocean, parks, Sea world, and the Zoo, but we just can't get enough of them. :)

After church today we met up with our friends the Sambars for a community Fiesta. They had brought in different dance groups. The girls are really into dancing and their daughter Ryn took ballet with the girls this spring. The girl had a great time. They got a little hot so Chris bought all the kids snow cones. Aubrey started getting into the dancing. She said she wanted to start taking dance there.:)


Then later this afternoon we went to a concert in the park in Coronado. It was the Navy Band. We met up with our friend Joanna and her children. It was nice to hear a band in the background while we ate our little picnic. The kids love it because they get to dance and play on the playground. Brynn also found a ladybug, which I think was her and Aubrey highlight of the night.(I tried to capture Brayden and Brynn dancing together, but this is as good as I could get). As we were driving home tonight Brett said" I hope we don't get so spoiled her that we don't like our next places". I said "I know we are spoiled living here". I just figure we might as well do as much as we can while we are here, and get the most out of sunny San Diego.

11 comments:

Liora said...

What fun you guys have!! When do you leave San Diego??

Jonathan & Rachel said...

What a cute "Girl Party"! Brynn is such a crack up-a total girl for sure!! You look so great!

hughes family said...

kami, i love the new pics!! the girl party looks like a huge success! isa would have been in heaven! that brayden is so adorable, i can't believe how much hair he has. my kids never have that much hair at one. they are all SO adorable. i love aubs yoga pose. she still has her same little baby face, i just want to kiss her little cheeks. looks like so much fun!! ...oh, and ya, you ARE getting spoiled! :) at least in FL they have palm trees...

Peck Family said...

Brynn knows how to party. I love the glitter!

Christine said...

I would have loved sharing in the glitter and fingernail painting. I only get to do that alone--I think I should be grateful none of my boys have asked to do that with me.:)

the landreths said...

I love your posts--so many great pictures. It was so fun to see you,as always. I'm excited for our next get together--in the east!

Tami said...

Thanks for you sweet comment! I have to tell you I think your little guy is seriously so dang cute! It is so fun for us to see what you guy's are doing in your lives too. I wish it wasnt so far to drive to southern california cuz it would be fun to hang out. We will let you know if we ever come that way.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Cali really does look like heaven on Earth. You guys are always doing fun outdoor activities. I am so jelous. We missed you at graduation. I hope it isn't 2 years before we get together again since you are so much fun. Thanks for the call the other day.
Steph

Growinguptogether said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a long time, I can't believe all of the things that you do in such a short period of time.
Brynn is truly the All American Girl she can play hard, do sports, and still loves to be a girl.

Rusty and Tara said...

I am going to do a girl party!! That looks like so much fun. You are too too cute!

Rebekah's Mom said...

We had so much fun visiting with you guys! Thanks again for everything. I am still trying to figure out how you have the mental-energy to do sooooo much.