Sunday, August 5, 2007

We love it when dad doesn't have call on the weekends








Today was our first family bike ride since Brayden has joined our family. We only went about a mile, but that was good enough for our family. We had to climb a hill at the beginning. Brynn got quite tired, but she didn't stop. It was cute because Aubrey was cheering her along from the stroller.
After our little ride we stopped off at the park.
The kids could play at the park for hours. We had to finally rap things up so we could go home and have our traditional Sunday meal, grilled chicken, fruit, and salad. (Thanks to Brett's parent for starting this tradition.)
It was really just a great weekend being able to hang out as a family. I really have to enjoy my weekends with Brett because I only have 2 more until he starts trauma surgery, which is call every third night again.



















We went to the beach on Saturday. Brynn and Brett had a good time boogie boarding while Aubrey played in the sand. Brayden just took a long nap. It was a beautiful, fun, non stressful day at the beach.
















































We started our weekend off by going on a trolley ride around Balboa park. Then the kids played at the park outside of the zoo. After that we went to Burger King because Brynn really wanted to get a Simpsons happy meal. ( I couldn't handle the thought of eating there, so I ran across the street and got me and Brett some yummy Thai food).

5 comments:

Peck Family said...

you are killing us! Dieing of envy.

the landreths said...

What a fun weekend!! I've heard a lot about Balboa park but have never been there. I'll have to try it out next time we're in San Diego.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Kami - I love your pics! Your doing it right - livin it up when the hubby is at home! I am glad to hear you are doing well - my cell broke so I will give you a call when I get it fixed...can you believe you guys have survived 2 months already, pros I tell ya!!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun! Jonathan has yet to have a really hard month-I'm dreading it!!!!! I feel very spoiled. What a cute family you guys have-isn't 3 great!!!

AnnMarie said...

I love stress-free weekends. Too few and far between.